The IELTS review center in Cebu caters students in the Central Visayas to save them from the hassle of veering away from their hometown. In your IELTS review courses, it is important to pay close attention to the correct usage of pronouns for effective and clear communication.
What is a pronoun?
A pronoun is a word used in place of nouns. It refers to something or someone that has already been mentioned in the previous texts to prevent repetition. It has different types.
Study the different types of pronouns mentioned above to communicate your thoughts effectively. Secure your band score goals by incorporating these grammar rules in your IELTS review sessions.
- "Pronouns." Learn English | British Council. Accessed April 5, 2017. http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/english-grammar/pronouns.
- Hand, L. R. "Learn English Grammar." English Grammar - Pronouns - Learn English. Accessed April 5, 2017. https://www.learnenglish.de/grammar/pronountext.html.
- Beare, Kenneth. "A Starting Point for Introducing Pronouns for Beginning English Students." ThoughtCo. Accessed April 5, 2017. https://www.thoughtco.com/how-to-teach-pronouns-1212115.
- "What Are Pronouns? - Types, Examples & Definition - Video & Lesson Transcript." Study.com. Accessed April 5, 2017. http://study.com/academy/lesson/what-are-pronouns-types-examples-definition.html.
- "Pronouns @ The Internet Grammar of English." Pronouns @ The Internet Grammar of English. Accessed April 04, 2017. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/internet-grammar/nouns/pronoun.htm.
The author works at an IELTS review center in Cebu City at the moment. She was once a computer instructor in CA. She likes to travel in numerous nations and loves photography.