Hands are often given minimal attention despite the strenuous tasks –such as weight training, writing, texting, and typing- that they allow us to perform. Training in a review center for IELTS, for instance, may require extensive use of hands, especially for the Writing section.
If you plan to take the IELTS UKVI, review center for IELTS allows students first-hand experience of using computers to acclimate to the high-stakes exam demand. It goes without saying that hands are among the most widely utilized body parts, but also the most neglected. Thus, it is essential that you perform these hand and finger exercises after accomplishing strenuous activities or attending training programs in the IELTS review center in Cebu to keep its maximum potential.
1. Finger Stretch
- Place your hand on a flat surface with your palm down.
- Gently and slowly straighten your fingers as flat as you can without forcing your joints.
- Hold that position for 30 to 60 seconds, then release.
- Repeat this finger exercise at least four times a day.
2. Grip Strengthener
- Hold a softball and squeeze it as hard as you can for a few seconds.
- Release afterward.
- Repeat this exercise 10 to 15 times on each hand, twice or thrice a week.
- Be sure to rest your hands 48 after every session.
3. Finger lift
- Place your hand on a flat surface, palm down.
- Gently lift one finger at a time, and then lower it to return to the starting position.
- You may also lift all your fingers at once, and then lower to return to the starting position.
- Repeat this exercise for eight to 12 times on each hand.
4. Thumb Touch
- Raise your hand above heart level. Ensure that your wrist is at a straight position.
- Gently touch your thumb to each of your fingertips, to make an O-shape (one finger at a time).
- Hold each position for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise at least four times on each hand.
Do these hand exercises after work or after your training program in the IETLS review center in Cebu to increase your range of motion. Keep your health on top of your priority to elevate your chances of securing your IELTS band score goal.
- "Slideshow 10 Ways to Exercise Hands and Fingers." WebMD. Accessed April 24, 2017. http://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/ss/slideshow-hand-finger-exercises.
- "7 Exercises to Maximize Hand, Wrist, and Forearm Strength." Breaking Muscle. Accessed April 24, 2017. https://breakingmuscle.com/learn/7-exercises-to-maximize-hand-wrist-and-forearm-strength.
- Publications, Harvard Health. "5 exercises to improve hand mobility." Harvard Health. Accessed April 24, 2017. http://www.health.harvard.edu/pain/5-exercises-to-improve-hand-mobility-and-reduce-pain.
- "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Topic Overview." WebMD. Accessed April 24, 2017. http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/carpal-tunnel/carpal-tunnel-syndrome-topic-overview#1.
- Ja. "National & International Statistics for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Repetitive Strain Injuries of the Upper Extremity." National Statistics for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Repetitive Strain Injuries. Accessed April 24, 2017. http://www.repetitive-strain.com/national.html.
- "Repetitive motion results in longest work absences: The Economics Daily." U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Accessed April 24, 2017. https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2004/mar/wk5/art02.htm.
The author works at an IELTS review center in Cebu City at the moment. She was once a computer instructor in CA. She likes to travel in numerous nations and loves photography.