It is astonishing how some IELTS test candidates are able to get an overall band score of 9.0 on the test. Actually, getting this good score is not impossible. Yet, it takes a lot of work to get a perfect score of 9.0 on the exam. An IELTS review center has the power to make their students become amazing IELTS test candidates.
IELTS review centers in the country like IELTS Cebu have been very successful in producing students that have made remarkable success in the IELTS examination. Most of these students have gained overwhelming scores. Indeed, it is possible to be amazing at the IELTS test. Do you want to be one of them? Here is how:
• Be good at words. In the speaking and writing sections, be impressive not by having a British or a strong American accent, but by the choice of words you use in expressing your ideas. Every vocabulary count, and you have to choose the best that suits the content of your response. Further, wide knowledge in vocabulary increases better comprehension in reading and listening passages.
• Develop skills for the exams. Enrolling in an IELTS review center is a gateway in learning strategies for the examination. For instance, in the reading, the most valued skill is skimming and scanning. Most IELTS test candidates take time in practicing these two as these skills help them in saving time in reading long passages.
• Have good time management. Tasks are time constrained. Candidates do not have the luxury of time; thus, it is crucial to work on completing all tasks before the time is finished. This is possible by prioritizing items that are easier to finish and going back to questions later. Focusing too long on a difficult question is impractical.
• Be familiar with the different accents in English. The IELTS test uses a variety of English accents, mostly British and American accents. In IELTS Cebu, students are given exercises in distinguishing words both spoken in these accents. This kind of activity improves the comprehension of students in terms of recognizing words in various English accents.
• Write a lot of essays. They say that practice makes perfect, and with writing lots of essays, you are increasing your ability to write meaningful essays based on different tasks. Development of ideas is a common problem in writing. It is troublesome to be stuck on a question with no idea on how to express your idea. Through constant writing practice, you will develop writing skills in no time; however, be sure to have these checked by someone you know who is good at English, a teacher perhaps.
• Take every opportunity to speak English. Speaking English with colleagues could be awkward at first, but the effect of this constant exposure affects greatly your confidence and fluency in speaking. In IELTS Cebu, students are asked to only speak in English in class as a practice.
In short, to be amazing at IELTS, you have to learn skills and strategies for the test in the best IELTS review center in town.
The author works at an IELTS review center in Cebu City at the moment. She was once a computer instructor in CA. She likes to travel in numerous nations and loves photography.