Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Your First Time IELTS Experience

If there is one word to describe the IELTS exam, I will describe it as CHALLENGING. Finding a good opportunity in Canada, I took the IELTS examination for my working visa. There was no way in avoiding the test since it was part of my requirements. Though I was hesitant and nervous about the examination, I asked around for help with my IELTS preparation. An IELTS review center in Cebu was recommended by a good friend. I had heard about IELTS review in my city and I did not hesitate to find out more about this review center.

ielts review center

For someone who had no idea what the exam was all about, I was curious about the things I would be leaning in the classes I was registered. The first week of classes was quite a shock for me with all the things that I needed to learn for the examination. There were these lectures about the question types, the skills needed for the exam, and other things that would help us students respond to all the tasks well and appropriately. Things became a little more difficult with the practices given to us. Honestly, I was having trouble in reading because of the limited vocabulary I had. This was also true in my speaking and writing classes. What helped me with my weakness was the additional vocabulary classes from our instructors.

Further, mock exams were part of the program. The speaking mock exam not only help me develop my speaking skills, but also my confidence in using the English language. Also, writing one-on-one classes gave focus to the mistakes I usually had my essays. The comments and feedback from my instructors led me to writing better essays. The weekly mock exams were also a good way for us to be aware of our progress with the program. Three months passed in my IELTS review, and I took the IELTS test.

The feeling was very uneasy. Despite feeling prepared for the real test, I had this anxiety that tells me I would not be able to get my target score. I was scheduled to have my speaking exam first before the written ones. The interviewer was really intimidating, yet once the test started, I was like firing all answers. It was like having a conversation with a friend. I felt comfortable because of the things I learned in the IELTS review center in Cebu. The IELTS review tips were really helpful in making me feel relaxed during the test. For the written test, time management was my problem. I almost had no time to review my essays. I actually told myself that I would not get an impressive score. The reading and the listening were both fine as I was able to complete them before the time finished. After the test, I was all exhausted and stressed, but I felt happy since I was done with the IELTS test.

Two weeks passed, and the score was posted online. To my surprise, I got my target scores. All thanks to the IELTS review center in Cebu and the effective IELTS review course that I was enrolled in. Taking the exam for the first time was challenging, yet with the preparation I had, scoring well in the IELTS exam is possible.




The author works at an IELTS review center in Cebu City at the moment. She was once a computer instructor in CA. She likes to travel in numerous nations and loves photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment